All the info you need for emergency issues, maintenance, snow removal, and tenant guidelines.
R&K Property Management offers 24-hour maintenance for emergency issues, such as Heat or Water concerns.
Call our office at 207-947-5517 and if it is outside of our regular business hours of 9:00-4:00, weekdays, the voicemail will direct you to leave a message for the on-call maintenance department.
Please inform R&K if your phone number changes.
R&K will go to every property at least twice a storm.
If tenants see that R&K is there to plow & they can move their cars at that time, R&K will plow the whole spot/ driveway, etc. However, if tenants are unable to move their cars for plowing, they can expect they may need to shovel around their cars. R&K will not return to properties in addition to the 2+ times they go to each property to ‘re-plow’ a tenant out.
In addition, even if tenants move their cars there may be shoveling that is necessary. It is incumbent on the tenant to obtain & use salt, to obtain & use a shovel for walkways and around their cars. R&K does not shovel walkways.
Each snowfall is evaluated by R&K as to length of storm, type of snow, timing of snow, and how heavily the snow is falling. R&K makes decisions on plowing based on all of these factors. Please be patient as R&K has multiple properties to plow during the winter.
- All of our units are non-smoking. No smoking of any kind, including marijuana, is allowed in the units.
- In parking lots that require R&K parking permits, guests of tenants must park off-site as there is not enough space in the parking lot for all the tenants and guests to park.
- No pets permitted without the approval of R&K.
- Between October and May, no air conditioners may be in windows and all windows must stay closed and locked.
- If your unit wants to add a tenant to the lease, the prospective tenant must submit an application to R&K, pay the application fee & wait to be accepted before moving in. If accepted, R&K will prepare a lease addendum adding the new tenant to the lease.
- If a tenant in your unit decides to move out, while others remain, inform R&K and R&K will prepare a lease addendum removing the tenant from the lease.
- The security deposit remains with the unit, regardless if one tenant in the party moves out.
- If you want to install cable and/or internet, you may do so, but dishes must be placed on a pole. You may not drill any holes. You may not attach a disk or wires to the building. If you need access to the basement or any other building area that requires R&K to provide access, please let us know about your appointment ahead of time. If you have any questions, call the office.
- Do not dispose of grease down the drain.
- Tenants are not permitted to paint any part of the units.
- Tenants are not permitted to change the locks on the units, including the bedroom doors.
- Rent made be paid with cash, check or money order. We do not accept electronic forms of payment.
- Our leases are for an initial one year term, followed by month to month.
- A 30-day notice to vacate is required, in accordance with the lease.